Business / Ethics Case
Essays Ethics Case and over other 20 000+ free term papers, essays and research papers examples are available on the website!
Autor: people 21 June 2012
Words: 401 | Pages: 2
• One of your friends uses the terms ethics and morality interchangeably. You do not think this is correct. How would you explain the difference between ethics and morality? Provide an example of morality and one of ethics in your explanation.
• Select two major ethical theories covered in your readings for Week One. What are the major differences between these two theories? Which one of these theories most aligns to your personal beliefs? Explain.
• What are examples of virtues, values, and moral concepts? How do each of these relate to one another? In what ways are they separate and in what ways are they connected?
• In Ch. 6 of Basic Ethics, the author discusses the relationship of religion as it relates to morality and ethics. Using your own personal experiences as a resource, what, if any, relationship exists between religion, morality, and ethics? Explain your answer.
• Select a public figure from politics or business. Select an ethical theory that seems to best fit this person. Why does this theory seem best? Which theory seems to least suit this person? Why?
• If a person is described as virtuous, is this the same as saying that person is moral or ethical? Why or why not? How would you explain the relationship between these three concepts? Provide examples.
Week Two Discussion Questions
• Consider the community in which you live. What is your responsibility within your own community? Explain and provide examples of what you consider your responsibilities.
• Provide an example of a socially responsible effort within your community. In what ways does this influence the community? How do these efforts affect the individuals within the community?
• According to Ch. 2 of Basic Ethics, “It is inconsistent on one hand to accept the assistance of the community via schools, police, fire, roads….and on the other hand to deny to a reciprocal duty to give back to the community” (Boylan, 2009). What are some ways the community asks its members to give back? Does each individual have the same responsibilities? Explain why or why not.
• In the last year, what is an example of something you have done that can be considered a socially responsible effort? How do you think this has helped your community? Explain.
• What are potential results if members of a community accept their community’s benefits, such as emergency services or school systems, but decline to contribute to the community beyond paying taxes? Explain.
Week Three Discussion ...
Get instant access to over 50,000 Papers and Essays