Science / Contributors Of Forensic Science
Contributors Of Forensic Science
Term Papers Contributors Of Forensic Science and over other 20 000+ free term papers, essays and research papers examples are available on the website!
Autor: people 31 January 2012
Words: 287 | Pages: 2
1. What was Francis Henry Galton’s major contribution to forensic science?
His major contribution to forensic science was fingerprinting. He developed detailed methods for taking a fingerprint and recording, the method that we still use today.
2. Who is known as “The Father of Forensic Toxicology” and why?
Mathieu Orfila is known as “The Father of Forensic Toxicology”. He helped to develop tests for the presence of blood in a forensic context and is credited as one of the first people to use a microscope to assess blood and semen stains.
3. Name 2 contributions to forensic science made by Hans Gross.
He is considered one of the founders of criminalistics for his research on the subject and the release of his book, Criminal Investigation in 1891. He is also credited for coining the term “criminalistics”.
4. With what area of forensic investigation are Karl Landsteiner and Dr. Leone Lattes associated?
Karl Landsteiner and Dr. Leone Lattes are both associated with DNA forensics.
5. Who was the first person to apply the principles of forensic science to a working crime laboratory?
August Vollmer, a police chief from Berkley, California created the oldest, in America, forensic laboratory in 1923.
6. What is Locard’s exchange principle?
Trace Evidence. He stated that with contact between two items, there will always be an exchange. The tiniest thing can be evidence.
7. With what instrument did Walter C. McCrone make significant contribution to forensic science?
The microscope. He revolutionized the use of and understanding of the light microscope for material analysis, trained thousands of students worldwide in the use of microscopy, wrote hundreds of articles and books, gave thousands of presentations and lectures on microscopy, and developed numerous accessories techniques, and methodologies to push the state-of-the-art in microscopy.
Forensic Science from the Crime Scene to the Crime Lab Pearson Custom Publishing ...
Get instant access to over 50,000 Papers and Essays